The Party Don't Start 'Til I Walk In....

Mmm, I had a blast last week. Or actually, two weeks ago. No, three. I never seem to be able time blog on time. -__-


Anyway, I attended a friend's black-and-white themed sweet sixteenth a while ago. I'm always up for innovation when it comes to partying instead of the same old pizza and lukewarm games. When it comes to parties, this one definitely brought the sexy back.

I bought the birthday girl a cute little purple dress with removable straps. I really wanted to use up the adorable Martha Steward bags I bought two years ago, so I baked some sugar cookies. I found this purse-like fancy gift bag as well. The overall effect was so pretty I just had to take a picture of it. Sadly, Lao Ba deleted the photo. Ugh. ><

The food was served buffet-style in silver platters. I chose chicken breast, fettucine alfredo, string beans, garden salad, and garden bread. Simple but delicious.




The highlight of the food was, of course, the birthday cake. The cake also matched the black and white theme with white cream and black frosting in a flowery design.


The birthday girl really stood out amongst the sea of black and white in her golden party frock.



I danced the rest of the night away along to the DJ. Of course, all the current mainstream hits were played. Favorites of the night: Tick Tock, Boom Boom Pow (I literally screamed when the DJ played it), Down, and yes, Party In The USA. Strangely, Lady GaGa didn't make an appearance. :( At one point, feeling playful, I walked up and said in my best Tiffany voice, "DJ.... Put it back on." I forget which song it was, but he did! No one caught my little joke though because they weren't SNSD fans.






The birthday girl hired a professional photographer as well and there was a section where the guests took pictures with her. He snapped away while we were dancing and some people found it a bit creepy, but I must admit I enjoyed feeling famous. I can't wait to get the photos.

It was a great night. I enjoyed mingling with the other guests. The only downer was that my dress kept sliding down so I couldn't dance as freely as I would've liked. Note to self: I must find a way to make that dress stay the next time I wear it.


I couldn't resist stealing a balloon. XDDD

No comments: